Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Sunday 23 July 2023

A drinking song.

I drink cow's milk

sheep's milk I

used to drink goat's milk I

have drunk Bull's Blood I

don't think I ever drunk

my mother's milk

maybe a wet-nurse's

maybe a bottle I

was farmed out for a year

pasteurised not sterilised 

I have on occasion drunk

Liebfraumilch and

as I said Bull's Blood

and cock's milk

which may or may not be

of human kindness

but as far as taste goes

is a bit of a dud.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gewurztraminer is fine if you find a good vinter.
It took me year just to pronounce it.

Wofl said...

Indeed I have a couple of bottles of Alsatian Gewürtztraminer in my cellar. Because of its particular dry spicy (gewürtzllich) taste it is not 'for everyday drinking. My usual white wine is the local Gaillac perlé, which is light and dry – and cheap @ 3,50 € a bottle.