Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Tuesday 6 August 2024

Picturedrome.

When I was young,
films did not have Wicked Words
on sound-tracks,
but there were guns.

I closed my eyes
when two people
(strangely, never of the same sex)
kissed on the movie-screen.

The few times there was real violence
(not the cowboy bang-bang sort)
I left the cinema. 

Many movies now
have fuck and cunt and fucking cunts
peppering their dialogue,
and seem somehow obliged to show
entirely uninstructive
fucks and fucking,

plus (sometimes) mind-bruising violence,
presumably to bring in lots
of numbies and their dough.

Thanks to computers, the internet and P2P,
I can put on a film in the evening
and, if appalled, bemused or bored,
simply erase the file...

and up to bed I go. 


No comments: