Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Monday 27 March 2023

The Great Totalitarian Tool.

Never having had the slightest urge to play video-games,
I listened to alleged adults discussing them
on a 40-minute radio programme.

I went online to see if I could find one that could interest me.

They turn out to be no more than glorified pop-up books
for barbie-doll people –
infantile, restrictedly-'interactive' cartoons,
in which small, competitive, Hollywood-moulded,
monetized minds diminish themselves
and their manufactured awareness even further. 

Assassin's Creed : Ancient Greece !


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've spent thousands and thousands of hours of my lifetime playing video games and I feel at times quite torn about them. They are of course mostly dull. From an abstract point of view they are nothing but a graphically presented highly dynamic spreadsheet or database, which pretends to tell some sort of story at best, and is nothing else but mind-numbing gambling at worst.

Yet, I've "lost myself" many times in them and for that I am kind of grateful.
An easily accessible low-brow way of meditation so to say. :)
I can't help but think of this advertisment, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IexQrWwGM0

With infantile apologies,

M.

Wofl said...

I simply don't understand why people would play video games rather than read a book or study chess. But then, you see, I never had television. Still don't have. I think there has been a slippery slope/ primrose path from movies to television to video-games, all further numbing the minds and spirits of people who have already been made intellectually catatonic by 'education'.
And so we are where we are today...

There are some Great Books out there. Many even by American writers, many of them even "best-sellers" like Jodi Picoult.