Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Thursday 22 December 2022

My doctor retired.

His young replacement took my blood-pressure,
asked me my height, my weight, my alcohol intake,
whether or not I smoked, what medication
I have been taking – that's all.
He did not ask what I ate
He did not ask if I
(as an 81-year old living alone)
managed to cut my toenails.
He did not ask if any disease or condition
ran in my family.  He didn't ask when I last
had a blood-test. When I told him (unasked)
about my femoral head replacement he only inquired
how long since I had it – not: did I have any pain ?
Needless to say, he did not show any interest in
my eyes, my teeth, or my hearing.  

To renew my prescription I'll have to visit
this recently 'qualified doctor' again...


No comments: