Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Thursday 25 August 2022

Because I could not

(still barely can)
roll my Rs, I was told
that I had a Lazy Tongue.

Rs are not rolled in English,
indeed hardly pronounced at all
in England or Wales. So – what.the.fuck ? 

Lazy is one of the worst words
in Western Vocabulary,
along with Communist, Terrorist, Whore,
Nigger, Work-shy, Uncommercial
... 
Unfortunately Laziness of Mind
is not a Recognised Defect or crime –
on the contrary – it gets you a job
and keeps you there,  lets you rise
up the ladder...right to The Top.

The fact that I could pronounce
a French R, a German Ü perfectly
(as no-one else in my class could)
was of no linguistic (or social) relevance.


No comments: