Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Monday 14 February 2022

Gems from 'Mein Kampf'.

Surely, I thought, the dog-loving Adolf Hitler
must have said one or two good
(or at least interesting) things in his thick declaration.
And indeed he did...just a few.

• 'In certain circles honesty is taken as an index of stupidity.'

 'There is a better chance of seeing a camel pass through the eye of a needle than of seeing a really great man 'discovered' through an election.'

 'Whenever human activity is directed exclusively to the service of the instinct for self-preservation it is called theft or usury, robbery or burglary etc.'

 'Those who have no understanding of the political world around them have no right to criticise or complain.'

 'His own fight for existence kills his sensibility for the misery of those who have been left behind.'

 'I can fight only for something that I love. I can love only what I respect. And in order to respect a thing I must at least have some knowledge of it.'

 'In this world is not the creative act of the genius always a protest against the inertia of the mass?'

 'I wanted to become a painter and no power in the world could force me to become a civil servant.'

 'Be proud of your compatriots when you don't have to be ashamed of any of its social classes.

                                   [I guess the best way to achieve that is to eliminate the social class(es) which engender your shame.]


No comments: