Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Friday 26 November 2021

Not hung-up.

I was a boy who loved to hang things up.
With my friend Sam I would take pots and pans
from the kitchen and scullery out to the shed
in the garden where we would hang them
on nails and on hooks in an aesthetic manner.

I have no idea why.  We felt good in the shed.
All my life I have loved to hang things up.
In adolescence I was not hung up
about not hanging out, but hanging in
to read and listen to music.

I started painting so that I could hang pictures up.
My cellar (600 years old) has various paintings,
antique saws, bits of junk hanging up.









Today I hung up a hot-water-bottle in the pantry.

I'm an old man who still likes hanging things up.



No comments: