Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Rather late in life,

I have been trying to get to grips with crazy Lacan.
who makes me think of the legendary
theologians who for years enjoyed
calculating how many angels
could dance on the head of a pin.
But I like the idea that human consciousness
(and the search for 'knowledge') is ineluctably paranoid.

He was obsessed
with the effects of mothers and fathers
(and their mere genders) in infant development. 
He seems to me himself to be (like Freud)
a driven victim of extremely limited middle-class attitudes.
Since I never had a father (and hardly even noticed)
and no mother that I know of for the first year of my life
(she turned up later, as my 'aunt', after she adopted me)
and am less up-tight than most,
by Lacan I (a happy solitary) am not impressed.


No comments: