Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Wednesday 7 October 2020

Would you trust this man with a gun ?

Would you get out of his way on a busy street  in broad daylight ?
You'd better!  He's a typical Texan Police Officer
- currently in Hunt County  jail for murder -
 but (I suggest) only because of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Shaun Lucas : read more









Faces like his remind me of policemen I used to see in Northern Ireland
before the reform of the police service there.
He is of Irish extraction, like so many police officers in the USA
since the Great Emigration.

I don't judge books by their covers,
but this man's face fills me with terror -
and I am not at all surprised that he would beat up and kill an African-American
out of 'solidarity' with his 'racial identity' - or just for pleasure.

On the other hand, he might well attract favourable attention in a gay bar...



No comments: