Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Friday 17 April 2020

After Ikkyū

Ikkyū  休宗純Ikkyū Sōjun, 1394–1481  一  [read more]




Cirrus caressing the sky.
Old man ejaculates alone.



Life by numbers. Long life.
Sequoias too.



torpid now nearly eighty I offer my little
hard turds to the Buddha



Avoiding shame.
What I say
and what I think are (I think I hope I think)
the same.



Flowers are silent
Silence is silent
My mind is a noisy flower with the corpses of insect-thoughts sticking to it



Half-dissolved gravestones
can, if you're desperate, be used for grinding coffee.



The painful path is beautiful
and leads to beautiful painless nothing



Memory is a bramble-patch
scratching your every thought
and producing drupelet scabs



Value-laden words
Dirt too is beautiful
and the spiral swirly flush of turds



Blind donkey stumbles over stones into walls and ditches
Pain, no words, no hope



Covid-19
just a drop in the ocean a neutral
drop in the bitter
ocean a tiny drop in
the viral soup



Wholesome
dog-shit can teach you more
than the writings of the holy wholly unholy
fakers of wisdom



I have never seen my brain



constant life constant death
wearisome
the moon is so attractive



一 after Ikkyū   Anthony Weir  17th April 2020

(from www.beyond-the-pale.uk/zentags.htm)

No comments: