Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Thursday 21 April 2016

A Miracle

Yesterday - the first glorious Spring day this year - I got full sight back
after hi-tech YAG-laser treatment
in a very fine new "Wellbeing Centre" in Belfast.
A miracle! I now have better vision than at any time
since the Autumn of 2013, when I was diagnosed
as requiring cataract operations.
It has taken two-and-a-half years for the procedure to complete.

On my way back I took a 'shadow-selfie' at my mother's grave...

click on the picture to enlarge



















(where also are buried my grandmother - who was a midwife -
my grandfather, a head teacher of the village school,
an uncle who died as a baby
and another unidentified child).
From there I went on to my badger-sanctuary (0.4 ha)
where I photographed my Pseudopanax ferox 
(a New Zealand rarity)
here seen behind tree-pæony and quince tree...

click on the picture to enlarge
























and, from the other side, framed by a rare variety of Photinia.

click on the picture to enlarge


















As you can see, I like tangles of plants, impenetrable wilderness
(of which there is so little left upon the Earth).
Badgers like the elder-trees (Sambucus nigra) for their summer fruitfulness.

No comments: