Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Friday 6 September 2013

Quite a few things are better than sex,

as any dog will corroborate.

Here are six things
in three random categories
which for me
are better than sex:

Passive
             Getting a head-rub*
             Having my back scratched
Neutral
              Gooseberry crumble
              Clos Saint-Denis**
Active
               Shaking a gabbeh***
               Planting a tree

* I used to love having my hair pulled by sadistic teachers
at a woefully bad school called Campbell College.  Now I am happily bald.

** This is a rather wonderful Burgundy wine.

*** For some reason, the kundalini-energising activity of shaking a rug vigorously gives me mini-orgasms.  Below is a picture of one of my gabbehs...
























I bought it in Toronto in 1998 for $200.  Toronto is a big centre for the sale of Persian rugs
which are then smuggled across the border into the United States of the Great Satan.

The Iranian seller did not know that it represents the peacock of immortality
perched on the tree of life, a very ancient motif which resurfaced in Europe
in the Romanesque period.

The red lozenge may represent cultivable land, the yellow triangles desert,
and the blue triangles the sky.

No comments: