Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Thursday 17 May 2012

Don't mention love that's other than maternal.

Mention attraction, interest, fondness
maybe fascination, respect...
Do all these added up amount to love ?
If so, I have loved...
Dogs.  Like a dog,
incapable of rancour.
And of course I love 'nature'
(as opposed to 'humanity'):
plants, especially -
particularly those that you call 'weeds'.
Ashamed of being human,
I don't feel that I know what love is.

Is it a feeling in my groin
when I look at someone ?  If so,
I have loved.  Or is that just
testosterone, infatuation,
 brief desire to bond ?
Certainly, I have been
in fond and gentle lust -
but I don't feel that, when they talk of love,
I know what people mean.

No comments: