Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Saturday 22 January 2011

Around my (future) grave

where the snowdrops bloom today
I imagine many memorials -

the Tomb of the Unknown Battery Hen
the Tomb of the Unknown Fornicator
the Tomb of the Unknown Dissident
the Tomb of the Unknown Masturbator
the Tomb of the Unknown Drug-addict
the Tomb of the Unknown Tyre-Inflator
the Tomb of the Unknown Cock-cheese Eater
the Tomb of the Unknown Mitigator
the Tomb of the Unknown Dancing Bear
the Tomb of the Unknown Hesitater
the Tomb of the Unknown Wiped-out Species
the Tomb of the Unknown Perpetrator...

but I'm still alive and not yet due to occupy
the Tomb of the Unknown Dissipator.

4 comments:

Wofl said...

This refers to my semi-woodland grave at Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val, not my acre of thicket and badger-setts in Northern Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are not ready to occupy such a space...too many poems still left to be written...and read by your ardent fans!

bandit said...

Not the Dancing Bear!

Wofl said...

Yes, I'm afraid so : even the Dancing Bear.