Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Two Christian Paintings

from 1987, by painters born in 1941.

Firstly, Markus Lüpertz's 
St Francis Prevents the Extermination of Rats.






















Secondly, my Self-portrait as Lazarus with Dog.



Lüpertz was disruptive at art-college and was 'sent down' without a degree. 
I (also refused a degree, but in Philosophy) am entirely self-taught
and do not have a Wikipedia entry.
We both have white beards.


1 comment:

Alma Kaselis said...

I am immensely grateful to receive this. I had Ugnė, my daughter today and she was amazed by this piece, took pictures of it. Sadly I had to tell her story of Lazarus...she went through all Catholic stuff in school but has no recollection of the story. Ugnė was impressed. Hugs, al