Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Saturday 12 April 2014

Kurt Schwitters and I

URSONATE (Primæval Sonata) by Kurt Schwitters

Introduction:

Fümms bö wö tää zää Uu,
                                         pögiff, 
                                                     kwii Ee.
  1
Oooooooooooooooooooooooo, 6
dll rrrrr beeeee bö dll rrrrr beeeee bö fümms bö,                                      (A)
     rrrrr beeeee bö fümms bö wö,
             beeeee bö fümms bö wö tää,
                        bö fümms bö wö tää zää,
                             fümms bö wö tää zää Uu:

....

















































































continued            HERE





























Since I have been accused of writing Fascist Doggerel,
I thought I would publish some Ur-doggerel
by the wonderful Mr Schwitters,
to whom I dedicated my VOV (Very Own Video)
on totally wondrous YouTube:


This seminal piece of work by the spermless wonder 
(not made famous by the splendid Sue Townsend who died yesterday) 
has  had over 1,251¾ viewings -
a mere fifteenth of the number of viewings of his Glimpses of Belfast in 1963,
but over ten times the number of viewings of his
Accidental Superimposition of Compositions by Charles Kœchlin
,
which is much, much better...even if (as you'll see and hear) not really comparable...

My (rather good) Bath-bop-aloofah has received only 26 views, alas!

I missed meeting Mr Schwitters by a year or so when I holidayed as a small child on
his erstwhile, involuntary, intellectual-packed island home:the earldom of Man (Eiléan Mannin)
just after World War II¼...

If only...

No comments: