Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Friday, 21 August 2026

I thought Slime-moulds were amazing enough,

but today, apart from drinking
the strongest coffee I have ever made
to cure a four-day piercing headache
successfully,  

I have been reading
one of the best of many travel-books
I have by chance encountered –

and encountered stromatolites
which made possible
Life on Earth,
much-lauded by at least one species, 

before they were nearly wiped out
by thrombolites.  Both can be admired
on the shores of Lake Thetis.



1 comment:

Wofl said...

"The people on the street were overwhelmingly white Australians, but there were Aborigines about, too - not great numbers of them, but always there on the edge of frame, unobtrusive, nearly always silent, peripheral.
The White People never looked at the Aboriginals, and the Aboriginals never looked at the White People. The two races seemed to inhabit separate but parallel universes. I felt as if I was the only person who could see both groups at once." - Bill Bryson, Down Under.