Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Saturday 23 December 2023

'Let it Rot !'

As usual, I am at least 10 years
'behind the times',
so it is only recently that I have discovered
and, of course, welcomed
the Chinese  "Let it rot,"
摆烂 (bai-lan)
young people's movement.

Rotting is good, earth-nourishing.
Decomposing fruit can smell
more deliciously than fresh.
I am looking forward my own
decaying, horribly stinking flesh.

Let everything human go to pot
and rot and eventually turn to sludge, mud, soft stone...
and forever (and all acquaintance) be forgot !


1 comment:

Alma Kaselis said...

Finally something I can relate to. After I graduated from Vilnius University with Master's Degree in Economics withe major in Statistics I wanted to retire immediately. I still do. Looking back now I should pursued academical stuff instead of working as economist in Lithuania. But it was unsustainable economically in 1990's.