Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Sunday 31 December 2023

I wish I could do the same.


"This year I’ve learned the benefits of faking it when someone asks how are you ?

"In the past, perhaps quite madly, I have tried to answer honestly. My conversations darkened and I tried to describe the various hells of being alive, or got lost in some swampy metaphor.
"Now instead, I brightly say, Fine! And somehow it helps.
I am able to move more cleanly through the day, I use words like nice, and I smile, and I wait until the appropriate time or person before I relax, heavily, into reality..."

– Eva Wiseman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you doing, Anthony? :)

And an *inaudible* New Year!

M.

Wofl said...

Well, I guess I'm "fine", really. Sometimes a bit grumpy, often have difficulty hearing (especially people gabbling and gobbling like turkeys on the radio), but generally in fine condition and state of health. My cacti and succulents are doing very well. I was recently given a 'smartphone' with a cracked screen which I find is an excellent camera, but not much use for anything else, given that I have a large laptop.
Thanks for asking!
HNY

Jindra K. Hrdlička said...

When asked “How are you ?” my answer is simple. “I am fine, it’s the others.”

Wofl said...

Absolutely, Jindřich — they're all sick!

(Šťastný nový rok...God help us! it will be terrible...)