Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Friday 10 November 2023

I should be dead!

Old glass leaches very tiny quantities of lead,
and constant use, especially as vessels for alcohol,
could result in lead-poisoning.

Oh dear!  I have been drinking wine
exclusively from antique (Georgian/Victorian)
glasses and decanters since 1973.
I wonder what the long accumulation
of nanograms of lead have done to me ?

In the same newspaper I learned that

People [like me] who live alone and never see friends or family
have a 77% higher risk of dying from any cause,
and an even higher risk of dying from heart disease or stroke, compared with those who see friends or family daily,
according to a study.


1 comment:

Wofl said...

Symptoms in adults can include:

high blood pressure
constipation
pain, numbness or tingling of the extremities
fatigue
memory loss
loss of hearing