Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Tuesday 3 March 2015

'Risk-Factors'

As drug companies are able more and more
to treat people who might become sick
(because of 'genetic disposition or susceptibility'),
as opposed to patients with actual symptoms of sickness,
their profits and power become ever greater.
Thus Good Health is no longer a matter of how you feel
but how your body is perceived to perform
in (often-routine) medical test-procedures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very astute observation. I have no use for medicine, save when seriously I'll or injured, and would never test for cancer, because I'll know it when the time comes anyways, by which time, it will be too late. And that's just fine by me. The only time medical technology came in handy, was to ensure I would never have kids.