Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Top Quotes from 2012

I laughed till I stopped.  (Monty Python)

The greatest of non-red Americans are black.
Two of the greatest of the great Americans are
Blind Willie Johnson and Sister Rosetta Tharpe.    
(Kim Jong-un, President-for-life of the People's Republic of North Korea)

I have better sex with food (assuming I have any)
than I have with my husband.  

(500,000,000 women)

Let's hope for fewer fathers in the coming year.
(The Unborn)


I have absolutely no idea why I exist. 
Nor why I have so many foreskins.
I have left such problems to Professor Higgs.
Now what did I do with that boson...? (God/All'ah/Ya'hweh)

What's with Respect for the Dead ?
If respect is genuine, it is for what is worthy of respect
- for example: interior integrity. (The Dreadful Great)

My brain gets in the way of my Inner Animal. (This Blogger)

Sometimes I feel my mind is like an unsafe neighbourhood.
So let's not go there.
(Jindra Hrdliča)

The trouble with Americans and the Taliban is that they take themselves
far too seriously, and thus have an undeveloped sense of humour (USOH).
(re-blogged from His Serene Highness Pope Ozymandias I  via S. Hussain)

1 comment:

Wofl said...

OZYMANDIAS
by Percy Bysshe Shelley

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away".